Blogger Widgets

You Quack Me Up

So the couple who owns the apartment I've been living in for more than 3 years just came back from New York to stay for a few months. It's a good thing the apartment has two rooms or else my roomie and I would've been kicked out. Yikes! O_O But seriously, the couple are really nice and chill. Although I have to admit it gets a bit uncomfortable at times since they're basically strangers, but I've got no complaints. They're good people. ^^

Last Christmas I decided to make them one of my ami softees and initially I thought to invent a pattern for cute penguins. I had the sketch down and the design was perfect, but there was just one problem... I ran out of time.
Ugh! Time management: the unattainable dream. T_T So bye-bye cute penguin idea and hello crocheting pattern found in the internet. 

So I was browsing for an emergency pattern when I came to LuiLuh's website and saw one of the cutest amigurumis I've ever seen. Then that was it. I fell in love and with penguins forgotten, I went on to crocheting adorable grey duckies instead. Squeeeee!!! XD

(Click Here) 

Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #247 - Cloud (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #12 - Blonde (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #1 - Snow (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #35 - Bubblegum (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - 7 (4.5 mm)
Black beads #08
Pink blush 
Fiberfill stuffing

I added a bow to make it extra kawaii. Hehehe! ^^

BOW
(Bubblegum)
16ch
Rnd 1: dc on 4th ch, dc across (12)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Stitch two ends together
*Use the excess yarn to go around and shape the bow
*Attach to the head
After my binge-eating slash movie/anime watching marathon holidays at my hometown, I went back to the city to get ready for another year of hard labor and broken dreams. Yah... Adulting is hard. Hahaha!

Anyway, the moment I got to the apartment I immediately gave my gift and being such a bashful I kept apologizing about it. It's a bad habit but it's the only thing I could do, I was ridiculously awkward. O_O Thankfully they were impressed that I made them a gift and found the duckies adorable. I was really touched when they named them after their grandchildren. It made all the effort worthwhile. ^^     



Disclaimer: Some of the images/gifs are not mine and can be searched online

2 Comments:

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template